Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Banana Bounce Smoothie

Recipe:
1.  Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  • 3/4 cup skim milk or soy milk
  • 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt or soy yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
  • 1 banana; peeled, frozen (if using fresh banana, add 1 cup of ice cubes)
2.  Select Smoothies program
3.  Press Start.
4.  Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Source: Create Recipes for Professional Series 500

My Recipe:
I followed this recipe exactly and chose to add the fresh banana with the ice cubes.  If I made this again, I would not add as much yogurt as the recipe calls for.  1 cup may not sound like a lot, but it was a pretty big portion of the smoothie and cancelled out the taste of the banana and chocolate.  About half of the people in my family liked it, the other half didn't.  If I made it again with less yogurt, I think most of them would like it.

It is also kind of strange because it is a smoothie but seems so much like a milk shake because of the chocolate added.  The difference is that this smoothie is much thinner than a shake.  I kept adding ice so it would not be so watery.  You should give it a try, but don't follow the recipe exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment