Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Watermelon Berry Smoothie


My Recipe:
1.  Place the following ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  • fresh strawberries
  • fresh raspberries
  • fresh watermelon
  • 1 and 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries

2.  Select Smoothie program.
3.  Press Start.
4.  Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.


This is a unique recipe because I decided to add watermelon.  This was the first time I tried that and I wasn't sure what to expect.  The smoothie ended up tasting good, but the watermelon did not have a very prominent taste.  I could definitely taste the raspberries.  This could be because I chose to add a lot of raspberries and fewer strawberries.  For each amount of ingredient, just choose how much you feel is necessary and what fruit you like the best.  This smoothie would be a lot of fun for a Fourth of July party as well, since it really is bright red.

No comments:

Post a Comment