Friday, May 18, 2012

Spinach Fruit Smoothie

My Recipe:
You can make any fruit smoothie and just add spinach to it to make it green and healthier.  Here is the smoothie I chose to make:
1.  Place the following ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 slice of fresh pineapple
  • 1/2 cup of fresh spinach
  • frozen pineapple
  • frozen tropical fruits (including strawberries, bananas, passion fruit, and pineapple)
2.  Select Smoothie program.
3.  Press Start.
4.  Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.

What better way to make a fruit smoothie even healthier than by adding some spinach?  I did not add a specific amount of each fruit, but put in as much as I wanted.  I also avoided adding the strawberries that were in my bag of frozen tropical fruits.  The reason for that is that I did not want my smoothie to turn out brown.  It would probably still taste good, but if you are going for an appealing smoothie, I would avoid anything red or purple with the spinach.  Enjoy drinking something with the same taste but with some added vegetables!


No comments:

Post a Comment