Thursday, May 17, 2012

Strawberry Shake


Recipe:
1.  Place the following ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
  • 1 tablespoon sugar or other sweetener (optional)
  • 1/4 cup ice cubes (if using frozen strawberries, you may not need to add ice)
2.  Select Frozen Desserts program.
3.  Press Start.
4.  Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Source: Create Recipes for Professional Series 500

My Recipe:
I followed this recipe almost exactly, but I decided to double the recipe.  If I had not, it would have made about 2 and 1/2 cups.  I also chose to use frozen strawberries and still added a bit of ice, to make it a thick milkshake.

I am really happy with this recipe and will definitely make it again.  I will probably try other milkshakes, but I like this one because of the fruit I added to it.  I am sure it is more healthy than the chocolate shake.  It's definitely a great mix of a yummy fruit smoothie and a milkshake.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment